Several dozen graduates of Boyds school met today at the Alpine Township Historic Hall and Museum as part of a school reunion sponsored by the Alpine Township Historic Society. This one room school house housed students for over a hundred years, opening its doors in 1858 and permanently closing in the 1960s.
Boyd schoolhouse stood on the northwest corner of Fruitridge Avenue and Eight-Mile Road in Alpine Township for more than 100 years.
According to Pat Cederholm, who chaired this event, the schools attendance ranged from 20 to 40 students a year, Former students of all ages participated in today's celebration.
|Historic Alpine Township Hall and Museum|
A chance top reminisce
Carl Cramner and Tom Alt
Bill Rasch, who graduated in the sixties